Just having a little fun today. Ahhh, the memories….
My favorites from this list
11. I was all over slouch socks. In fact, if my father’s socks weren’t properly slouched, I forced him to stand still while I corrected his fashion nightmare.
23. I thought Molly Ringwald was cool, but I wasn’t sure if she was really cool. I was told I looked like her back in middle school – short curly hair, fair skin. I can’t blame anyone for that.
33. Man, does that picture of the Atari bring back memories. Hours sitting on the floor with my brother …losing every single game to him. My favorite was the Summer Olympics pole vaulting.
47. I “totally” (so 80’s!) wore biker shorts under my skirts. (So embarrassed!)
60. I used to pretend I was Joey from Blossom and say “Woah!” all the time.
Which are your favorites?
You know you grew up in the 80’s if…
1. You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members.
2. You wanted to be on StarSearch.
3. You ever uttered the word “Radical!”
4. You wore jelly shoes and jelly bracelets
6. You remember watching shows like “Punky Brewster” , “Webster”, “You Can’t Do That On Television” “Wild & Crazy Kids” and “Double Dare”
7. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off. Or even when he had those freaky eyes in “Thriller” at the end of the video.
8. You wore a banana clip in your hair or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth.
9. You rolled up the bottoms of your splatter painted jeans.
10. You wore loafers with everything, and you put the laces in those little rolls.
11. You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once.
12. You owned a doll with ‘Xavier Roberts’ signed on it’s butt.
13. You knew what Willis was “talkin’ ’bout.”
14. You know the profound meaning of “Wax on, Wax off.”
15. You can name half of the members of the elite “Brat Pack.”
16. You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless hours!
17. You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.
18. You yearned to be a member of The Babysitters Club, and tried to start a club of your own.
19. You sat on your back porch, playing with your “My Little Pony” , “Rainbow Brite” , and “Strawberry Shortcake” dolls
20. You know that another name for a keyboard is a “Synthesizer.”
21. You hold a special place in your heart for “Back to the Future.”
22. You know where to go where everybody knows your name.
23. You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool.
24. You know what “sike” and “not!” mean
25. You fell victim to 80’s fashion : big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, big hoop earrings, and possibly the worst:you wore spandex pants.
27. You owned an extensive collection of Cabbage Patch Kids and trolls.
28. You knew “The Artist” when he was humbly called “Prince.”
29. You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played “Sam” to be.
30. You ever wore flourescent -neon if you will clothing….
31. You could breakdance, or wished you could.
32. You know who He-Man and She-Ra are.
33. You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
34. You know all the words to “Ice Ice Baby”.
35. You remember MC hammer well.
36. You can still sing the rap to “Fresh Prince of Belair”.
37. You own any cassettes.
38. You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we’d all be living on the moon.
39. You remember and/or own any of the CareBear Glass collection from PizzaHut.
40. Pizza Hut was the coolest place to hang.
41. Poltergeist freaked you out.
42. You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an E.T. lunchbox.
43. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
45. You totally LOVED Barbie’s cooler, punkier counterpart, “Jem” and her “Rockers”
46. You wanted to have an alien like Alf living in your house.
47. You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
48. You wore tights under shorts and felt stylish.
49. You layered your multi-colored slouch socks, and added suspenders to make your outfit complete.
50. You ever had a Swatch Watch.
51. You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare.
52. You had a crush on one of the Coreys
53. You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
54. You had WonderWoman or Superman underwear.
55. You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
56. You believed that “By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power”
57. You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
58. Partying “like it’s 1999” seemed SO far away!
59. You watched the Pound Puppies.
60. You know that “WOAH ” comes from Joey on Blossom.
62. Skateboards had tailguards, nosegaurds, rails and one kick.
63. You know what Parachute Pants look like and feel like.
64. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday Morning to watch cartoons.
65. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
66. You saw the original “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” on the big screen…and still know the turtles names.
67.You traded Garbage Pail kids in the schoolyard.
68. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
70. You remember going to the rink before there were inline skates.
71. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
72. Your motto was “Don’t worry, be happy.”
List courtesy of http://www.backtotheeighties.net/80s-kids/.